Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lighting and Wow Factors

When I see a room that's a jawdropper- a space that stops me in my tracks, it's usually the lighting that is the culprit. A huge, exaggerated light fixture can bring a space to the next level. I love seeing a room with large pieces- it always makes the space feel grand. Whether it's an oversized couch, a huge round dining table, or a giant chandelier- bigger is definitely better!  Proper use of scale can make a small space feel larger and a beautiful room stand out! When there are so many little pieces of furniture, lighting and accessories scattered around the room, the space feels cluttered and small. Here are some amazing rooms that are perfect in scale! Talk about jawdropping lighting!


Love the oversized ottoman too! From Elle Decor. Photo by Vicente Wolf. Design by Vicente Wolf and David Rogul.


What a jawdropper! From Elle Decor. Photo by William Waldron. Design by Jonathan Adler


From Elle Decor. Photo by Roger Davies.


From Elle Decor. Photo by Roger Davies.


From Elle Decor. Ralph Lauren's NYC apartment. Photo by William Abranowicz.


From House Beautiful. Photo by John M. Hall.


From House Beautiful. Photo by Jose Picayo.


From House Beautiful. Photo by Simon Upton.


Love the floors too! From House Beautiful. Photo by Victoria Pearson.


From Metropolitan Home. Photo by Frans Van Der Heyden. Design by Kate Hume.              

Which jawdropping light is your favorite
                                                                                                    

5 comments:

Stacey said...

The rooms by Waldron and Davies are great favourites of mine. I love the others too! Gorgeous roundup. Thanks for visiting me today:-)

Simple Dwellings said...

Thanks so much for visiting too! I love your blog, and I am having fun starting mine! Thanks so much for following.

Karena said...

Great lighting really gets me every time!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

one sydney road said...

I'm such a sucker for cool hanging lights - I saw the lights in Ralph Lauren's dining room in elle decor and fell in love - so cool!! (btw...thanks for visiting my blog :)

Rocio Rincon said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and I love it. I'm coming back for more. xoxo ♥

Rocio Rincon

http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...