Thursday, June 23, 2011

Having a Thing for Coral

Maybe it's because we just got back from the beach, or maybe it's because summer is just beginning, but I am definitely loving the look of coral in a room. As an accessory on a table, on a pillow, lamp or rug- coral always seems to catch my eye these days. I am drawn to the chic, subtle way coral can add a coastal touch to a room and it can be used in so many ways. Here are some of my favorite ways I have seen coral lately-





Above images via Pottery Barn. (And the first image of the red coral branches are now on clearance for $9!)


Image via Ballard Designs.


Image via Pier 1 Imports.

What design accessory do you have a thing for lately?

5 comments:

Melissa, The Happier Homemaker said...

I love the coral too, I was coveting those coral embroidered PB pillows and found some great ones that are very similar at Steinmart recently, they were $12 each and now reside proudly on my screened porch!

Jessie said...

I love the coral table lamp, the coral base instantly adds so much character and beauty!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

hollyG said...

I just want to touch it all! I walked into HomeGoods the other day and was greeted by some coral - I was so tempted to purchase but I restrained myself. I've really been loving small plants and fresh flowers in pretty vases lately - I have a simple rectangular vase that I just love. And they bring so much life to a room.

Intrigue and Inspire said...

That coral lamp is so pretty! I've been loving quartz candlesticks, I love the way natural elements add to an interior.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I think coral is one of those design "trends" that is now becoming a classic. That mirror has been on my wishlist for a while :)

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...