Here are the quick and easy steps:
1. The only materials I needed for this project are grosgrain ribbon and fabric glue.
2. Before cutting the trim, I placed it around the shade, making sure I left a little extra to work with. (I could always cut the extra ribbon later.)
3. At first, I applied the glue to the trim, but ultimately ended up appyling right on the shade. It worked out better that way.
4. I continued to make my way around the shade, pulling the trim tight while also pressing firmly on the shade.
5. With one ream, I had enough trim for the top and bottom of the shade, with some left over! And here are some more afters:
This tacky glue is very strong and stays really well, even on this overlapping fabric shade. If you look really close, you might see some waves, but it's pretty secure. I hope this simple project inspires you to add some trim to your lamp shade!
Will you be tackling any projects at the start of the New Year??