Monday, February 13, 2012

I Found My Driftwood!

I mentioned here that I had been on the hunt for a rectangular driftwood mirror or the materials to make my own for our foyer. Look no further- a mirror has been found, purchased and is proudly in its new location! A huge thank you to my mom for this one! She told me that she found one at Kohl's that looked just like my inspiration image here. And here is mine in its new location:




I am super excited to look at it everyday! It was on a great sale and there were only a few left in the store. The scale is a bit smaller than I had originally planned for, but I like this size better... if it was any longer, people would have bumped into it every time they sat down! Things always have a way of working out- the stars definitely aligned with this one! Also, a huge thank you to the hubby for the early Valentine's Day present!  :)

9 comments:

Skye from Skye Loves... said...

Looks brilliant. Love it.

Holly said...

It adds great texture to your entry! When did you get that great pillow? I don't remember it. And where is it from? I love the colors.

Simple Dwellings said...

Thanks so much for your comments, ladies! The pillow fabric is actually from the new modern line from Waverly. It's their suzani print. I won some fabric swatches a while back from the coco and kelly blog! I also have this pillow print in our family room. Gotta love blog giveaways! :)

Kat said...

Love it!! Way to keep the eyes pealed, Mom!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

It looks great in the spot and I like the mix of styles (the mirror against the elegant wallpaper) and it ties in to the natural element with the basket. I love that pretty cushion you have on the bench.

Nat said...

Congrats! It looks great in the space!

René said...

Perfect! What a pretty entry!

pam {simple details} said...

Amber, what a beautiful first impression, you've created the perfect combination!

Brandi said...

I love your mirror! Your entry is so sweet! Did you stencil the wall?

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...