Monday, February 27, 2012

I Just Had To Try This!

I have seen this creative project a couple places and I knew I had the perfect wall to try it out for myself! I first saw this cool idea of writing on the wall from Courtney's blog A Thoughtful Place. It came out great and looked pretty simple to do! Then just last week I saw some inspiring wall images from the blog Coco Cozy. I thought it was so clever and unique that I had to try it! The best part about the project is that you can write whatever you want, making it meaningful and personal to you! I chose an inspiring quote that I found on pinterest. As I'm trying to figure out what I want to do and the career path I want to take, this will definitely continue to inspire me! Also, I thought the quote would be a great jump start to every day, while also looking pretty sweet on the wall:




And here is the quote on our family room wall:





I used Elmer's Painters Marker in White, with a medium tip for writing. It's a permanent pen, so the writing should not smear away. I wanted the script to appear subtle, so it didn't jump out at you too much. I was able to fit the quote almost 3 times and used just one pen to finish! I wanted the look to appear as if it was an ongoing script, so when it came time to finish a word at the end of the wall, I didn't try and smoosh the word to fit. I just wrote what I could, then continued on the next line. (That only happened a couple times.) I also decided to make all letters lowercase and not use punctuation.

My Tips for Wall Writing

- As you write, push down on the pen. (I learned this the hard way, as I had to go back and darken some words). When you push down as you write, the words come out clearer and darker.

- If you're going to try this, go for the whole wall! I think it makes you take notice and becomes like wallpaper art!

- After every line, it's a good idea to take a step back and make sure you like how it looks and that it is straight. I wish I did that a little more often, but it's an original!  :) I should have tried Courtney's suggestion of making pencil lines with a level, then erasing after!

Are you ready to take out your pen and start writing???

I'm linking this post to Kim's amazing blog, Savvy Southern Style!






 

7 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

So unique, Amber! Love your choice of subtle color and, of course, the inspiring quote!

Annie H. said...

That is so neat. I would love to do that for my daughters room. What a great idea!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love it!!!! it looks amazing!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!
Amber, it looks fantastic. You must be thrilled with the way it came out. I like your idea to use such a subtle shade. It looks sooooo good.

dajana, all kinds of lovely said...

What a fantastic idea! I think even a non-DIY'er like me could give this a go. (:

faythallegra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DearHelenHartman said...

Very subtle, which make it all that much cooler. Love the quote and the idea. (Visiting for Wow Us Wednesday)

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...