Wednesday, February 29, 2012

If My Blog Was A Room - Next Up - A Room With A View

Happy Wednesday and welcome to the series If My Blog Was A Room... where I pose the challenge to think of your blog as an actual space. What would that space look like? I am excited to have Lisa here, from her design blog A Room With A View. I enjoy Lisa's blog and approach to decorating, because she likes to blend different design styles and make them work together, while also incorporating items from her travels! I think that is a great way to approach design! Here is her blog header:



And here is the amazing post Lisa came up with!

Thank you, Amber, for inviting me to contribute to this fun series. My blog is called, A Room With A View. If one were to take the name of my blog literally, and if my blog were a room I would love to have a large window or french doors of some sort with a ton of natural light and a great view.

It would be an elegant yet relaxing and casual room, eclectic with a global vibe and stylish at the same time. An inviting space where anyone would feel very welcome and would want to stay a while. The view, the furnishings and accessories would lend inspiration to all.
The pictures that follow have some of the elements my room would have.

Natural light, and a view or access to the outdoors. Here, the perfect relaxing window seat.
library-reading-nook-1.jpg


or a perfect, serene view like this.


Pinned Image


French doors open to the outside.

Pinned Image



In these eclectic spaces I like the mix of styles and colors, the accessories, built-in shelves, books and magazines and pillows.


I would love a fireplace.





Natural light, flowers, pattern mix.



Pinned Image

Low seating, architectural interest (the beams), more pillows!

Magnificent built-in bookshelf and ladder.



I would pick a pretty color for the walls. I am into shades of grey at the moment so perhaps one of these from Benjamin Moore - Misty Memories or Winter Gray. Either would be a great backdrop to the colors in everything else.
         


Here is a collage of the main items I would love to incorporate in this space. Sources listed at end of post. 




This collage showcases the accessories which will further warm up the room.





A gallery wall with tons of pictures.

Pinned Image

and finally, some other important elements one might find are some fresh flowers...
Pinned Image

.. and a cup of tea or coffee, perhaps in something from my blue-and-white collection...
Pinned Image



...and lastly, music playing.

Pinned Image

Pinterest
I hope you will visit me on A Room With A View and stay awhile.



Sources:

Collage 1:
6. Ikea


Thank you, Amber, for allowing me to indulge in this post. I had fun putting it together.

-------------------------------------

Best,
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I'm so glad you were a part of the series! I also have a blue and white china collection! And I love mixing different pattens and the rustic look of beams in a space. Definitely stop by Lisa's blog and say hello!

10 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I also love shades of gray and love all the accessories shown...very fresh feeling. This post has me wanting to swing open all my windows...but winters not done with us yet!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my, Lisa! That gorgeous collection could make me change my neutral ways in a heartbeat! I love the global vibe and how it relates to your travels.

Lisa's blog is one of my daily reads, she's as sweet as she is talented and I love seeing her take on design!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Thank you, Amber, for the invitation to contribute my guest post here. I truly had fun.

About Last Weekend said...

What gorgeous images, that one with all the lavenders is fantastic as is the chandelier sailing ship

My Crafty Home-Life said...

Hi, I'm new here, and found you from Lisa's blog. Lisa, I love the boards you put together. The pictures are so inspirational. I am loving your ideas.

Homestyling101 said...

Hi Amber- coming to you from Room With a View- what a great idea for a series! I'm a new follower!
Great pictures Lisa!
Joanne
http://homestyling101.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

I see Lisa throughout all of the images she used as her inspiration. She is very kind and very supportive - great to see her here!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Just perfect Lisa! Your accessories collage is my favourite - checking out that beautiful light as I type this! I really love this series!

nancy @ {COZAMIA} said...

I think you pretty much nailed every single thing I would love in the perfect room, down to that incredible ocean view...great post and thank you for including my art print!

Acquired Objects said...

I love Lisa's blog and you can see why judging from this beautiful post!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...