Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Kitchen and Family Room - Before and Afters Revealed!

I finally did some styling and took some pictures of our rooms with the new paint color! I am really happy with the way it came out and am loving the lighter color. I went with Benjamin Moore's Alaskan Husky in an eggshell finish. Our ceilings were already painted Horizon, which is one shade lighter on the swatch. The colors are both very light shades of a blue/gray. With the ceiling already painted, I knew the color would go- but it is a pretty dramatic change for us!

Kitchen Before:

And the Kitchen After:



Family Room Before:

And the Family Room After:



The spaces truly feel so different with a new paint color. Even the same accessories look new again! I will show more shots of the spaces soon, along with my no hassle painting tips!

8 comments:

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

I really love the lighter look Amber! So clean and fresh!
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

The enchanted home said...

Looks great Amber, really liked the vignettes you created on your bookcase, nicely done.

Laurie said...

Great color. Amazing what a difference paint can make.

Audrey Soria said...

thank you Amber! I really appreciate your sweet comment on my blog! I love this post! great before and afters! have a lovely day!

www.dwellinbeauty.blogspot.com

christy said...

Love your paint color. So soft!

pam {simple details} said...

Looks so fresh and updated! Great job, Amber! Can't wait for your tips!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

So pretty! You picked lovely colors. Isn't it amazing what a new paint color can do to transform a room?

Nat said...

I love the lighter paint color- I'm not big into colors so most of the colors used in my house are light. This looks great!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...