Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Black Trim Beauties

Little changes in home decor tend to yield the biggest results. Just a change of paint color can dramatically transform a room from ok to wow. That always makes me feel happy, because dramatic changes can also be easy on the wallet! Recently, I have began to love the look of black trim on the windows. I think it adds a bit of glam to the space. It really makes you take notice! Lately, I have even started looking at beautiful rooms and thinking, this space would be perfect with black trim on the windows. Here are some gorgeous images of rooms that have taken the plunge with black trim:



Source: bhg.com via Simple on Pinterest














I love all of the different examples of how black trim can be used. And what I love best, is that it can work with a super traditional space or ultra modern! This spring, I will definitely be adding some black paint to some of our interior doors and trim!

How about you???

9 comments:

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

I want a black front door soooo bad! I love the black trim around windows as well, adds such drama and really highlights the form.
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

xo Jamie and Vashti said...

Love love love black trim, black windows, doors..you name it!

amber wallace said...

I'm painting my front door high gloss black next week when the weather is supposed to be warm. I am slowly trying to convince my hubby to do the inside doors. Slowly but surely...I will have to show him your post :)

McKae said...

I love the black trim! It's unexpected and adds a little glamour to the space. I just came accross your blog and I really enjoy it, thanks for sharing!

kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

Design is... All in the Detail said...

Amber - such beautiful images. I love them all - Black truly does make a statement where ever it is in the home. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous inspirational images. Have a great day. Jalon

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

My front door is high gloss black and I LOVE it. (obviously as its on the header of my blog). I've also wanted to paint out the trim on my french doors but have been too chicken to pull the trigger. Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I should give it a try?

Lissa Pierce said...

I love this look too! I especially love the examples you showed where they just did the door or the window sashes and mullions.

Kelly said...

I have never given black trim much thought, but these are changing my mind! And minimal painting! :)

Holly said...

I really love the drama that black can bring to a room but at the same time highlight the architectural details as well. I'd love to add some black to the trim in our home someday.

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...