Monday, March 5, 2012

Pull Up A Seat!

How do you like your seating around the dining table? My style in general is eclectic, so I like to mix up seating styles. For a rectangular table, I love the look of flanking the heads of the table with wing back chairs, while keeping the side chairs more simple. In a past e-design project, I proposed that look:

I proposed using the Willoughby Dining chairs from West Elm only on the ends, while keeping the side chairs different and simple. Mixing the seating, while also mixing modern with traditional gives the space a more collected over time look.

If the area permits, I also love the look of a settee or a built in banquette. Our home doesn't have space for built ins around the table, but I would love to try a settee on one side of the table! The look invites you to linger and chat for hours in a comfortable way! Here are some great seating options for your Monday morning. Enjoy!











I love how each of the images above show seating options that are unique and personal to the homeowners!

How do you like your seating???

E-Design is available! If you would like to decorate your everyday life, click on the 'design services' link at the top of my blog! 

12 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

First of all, love your fabric choices. I've used that Olana fabric on a few different projects and it always delights. Love the idea of a banquette mixed with chairs! I'd love to get your opinion at my blog if you have a moment!
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

The enchanted home said...

ADORE and LOVE that color scheme!! Stunning...

amber wallace said...

Beautiful plan! I am obsessed with that coral settee and dining room. I actually want to model my kitchen with the one that goes along with it.

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I love the idea of a banquette if the space permits. It brings in more soft furnishings into a space which is always a good thing. I love an eclectic mix of seats (within reason, of course)..it is more fun.

inredningsvis.se said...

GREAT PICS:) I really like your blog..so much nice inspiration.
I wish you a lovely week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Design is... All in the Detail said...

I love these images! Beautiful - Thanks for sharing - Jalon

classic • casual • home said...

I do think booths are cool for an informal setting...people always gravitate to them.

Nikki said...

I like the seating to be mixed. I like the collected feel and that I don't have to PICK just one chair.

annie said...

I love the idea of booths or benches with chairs on the other side. It gives the chance to squeeze in one or two more and that's never a bad thing for an informal setting.

Love that pic with the little guy standing on the table! Love the modern chairs and traditional table...so pretty!

nancy @ {COZAMIA} said...

I have been trying to decide on our living room seating forever! I would love to mix things up with a settee but cannot for the life of me find the perfect one...I love your idea of using a different pair of chairs for the ends though :)Great scheme too :)

xoxo J and V said...

Love mixing up the chairs & also love the settee and chair combo! Talk about a one two punch!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

My sister in law and I just had this same conversation recently. We both love the look but only if the bench/banquet has a back (else it is uncomfortable) and then only if it for 2 people (else is it difficult to get in and out). I definitely agree with you on mixing up the seating somehow around the table.

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...