Monday, April 2, 2012

Wall Writing - Take 2

A little while back, I tried a DIY experiment on my walls. I loved the idea, but didn't quite love the result. So... I had to try it again! If at first you don't succeed, try try again, right?? I had written here about a couple blog posts that had me inspired to write on my wall! When I tried it the first time, I didn't take my time and measure, ensuring it would be straight. So of course, it was a little crooked and cramped. (Sometimes taking the short cut doesn't make the project finish any faster!) But this time, I measured the wall and made little 5 inch pencil marks where I wanted each line to start. I think the finished product this time around is easier to read, clearer and much straighter!






Luckily, I had some extra paint leftover. I quickly added a couple coats to cover the words, then gave the paint about a week to cure. The next week, I was back at it again- this time carefully making sure I had each line straight. I would step back after every few words and check my work. The first time, this quote fit three entire times. This time, it barely fit once! Since I recently repainted the wall, I will wait about a week to erase the pencil marks, making sure the paint has enough time to settle. This time, I think it's much easier to read and doesn't feel so cramped. Here is a photo of the first time around:

Before:

And here it is now (one more time):

After:

Much better, I think! To see the quote in its entirety and read about the first wall writing experiment, go here!

Have you recently tried an experiment that you had to do over???

6 comments:

Mrs. H said...

It looks great! I love it!

Stacy Curran said...

Amber, that is the colest thing ever! I love it!! God knows most of my experiments take at least two tries, so you're not alone!
Stacy

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Most of my do-overs involve baking, since I'm always trying something new. Don't you love what paint can do?

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Interior Design Musings said...

Love yours. Will say I have the worst handwriting on the planet (I think law school ruined any ability to decipher it!). But yours is very cool!!! M.

Cre8ive Motives said...

My handwriting is not the best. Actually it's awful but yours looks awesome.

Paint is my best friend, don't like something just paint over it!

SHERRY HART said...

This is awesome Amber! In my sisters DR about 15 years ago we painted French writing on her walls. It is still beautiful and I must get out there and take a picture!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...