Monday, May 21, 2012

Time to Get Outside!

The weather here has been beautiful lately, (which explains my lack of posts last week) and I definitely have outdoor spaces on my brain! We have a patio in our backyard with pavers, and we got our table and chairs all cleaned and ready for the warm weather. I love when the umbrella is open, the sun is shining and butterflies are flying by........ it's the little things that make me happy. So here are some beautiful outdoor spaces to inspire. Enjoy!









Source: flickr.com via Simple on Pinterest






That last image is my favorite! Isn't it so dreamy?? I think I am particularly drawn to smaller outdoor spaces. To me, they feel very intimate, cozy and achievable. Even with a tiny bit of space, most of these outdoor looks can be imitated. I love when an outdoor space feels like an extension of the home- complete with lanterns, rugs and pillows. There are so many great outdoor fabrics on the market. Shopping for your outdoor space can be just as fun as the interior of your home!

What is your outdoor space like???

6 comments:

Maureen at The Inglenook Decor said...

all so gorgeous! yes, that last one is my fave too...it's the home of designer Ty LArkins in New Orleans, courtyards is an obsession of mine!

pam {simple details} said...

I agree about the intimate smaller spaces, I've been working on pulling ours together, too! :)

amber wallace said...

We got our garden done this weekend. The rest of our outside needs work. Well it's all clean cut and simple but, no furniture, decor or major landscaping. Little by little right!? I want a dreamy outside of my own someday. Lovely inspiration!

Like Me Some said...

The second to last ids my favorite! I love the bright colorful pillows, but I'll lounge in the chaise, thank you very much!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

We have been slowly working on our backyard to make it more of an outdoor living space. I want to be able to spend every second back there this summer! Great inspiration photos. The last one is my favorite too.

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

We started working on our spaces early this year to get the house ready for sale. This is the first year we have really taken the time away from indoor projects to work outside and I am so happy we did. I agree, creating an outdoor space that is an extension of your home is the best way to go.

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...