Monday, June 18, 2012

Going Rugless

We have really been embracing the rugless look in our dining room. You get to see more of the wood floor, makes for easy clean up and gives the illusion of a bigger room. Our dining room is about 12x11, so it's great to have the appearance of more space. Since we took out the rug this summer, my husband has commented how much he likes the look! I will have to ease him into the idea of a rug in the future, because I always like to change things up. For now, this look is a keeper. So I thought it would be fun to see some beautiful dining rooms with the same idea!

Source: decorpad.com via Amber on Pinterest










Eventually, I would like this rug look...



Are you/are you not rugless??

And thank you all so much for your comments about my dining room and what to do about the stenciled wall! Since I take a while to get projects done around here, I will live with it as is for a little while. But don't worry, if the wall gets painted over, I have plans to bring it back (just with another background color!)

Stay tuned...

12 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

we are rugless in our dining room! i love it because i don't worry about stains or the dogs ruining yet another rug, and it feels nice and open!

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

We are rugless in our dining room too! We are rugless until the day we get a natural fiber rug in there, but in the meantime seeing all these beautiful rooms makes me feel like our rugless look is totally chic! Thank you!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

I like it booth ways. Without a rug is definitely more practical though, especially if you have messy small children. These are beautiful inspiration pictures!

Desiree said...

I went rugless in my dining and family rooms some months ago. And I like how it makes the room look bigger. Also, it's a lot easier to sweep up the pet hair. I still love rugs though and will probably add some again in the future. But for now I'm loving it.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

You just made me feel so much better about our rugless dining room!!

René said...

Summer is the perfect time to try going rugless. I agree that it is easier to keep clean. Our dining and breakfast rooms are rugless too.

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I just took the rug out of our dining room, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels this way! Those inspiration photos are gorgeous! And now you've got my curious about the dining room stencil project, so I'm off to check that out :)

Holly said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your rugless dinging room - it looks fantastic and so open. We do have a rug under our table right now but I would love to get rid of it - it's a mess.

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Dining room is rugless and I am certainly not missing one but I am keeping my options open as I had initially thought about a sisal or something similar. These are great examples.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

We are rugless in the living room and dining room, not necessarily by choice, just because we haven't gotten around to decorating those rooms yet. The inspiration pics are lovely, glad to see that we are in good company :)

emily said...

We were rugless in our breakfast room and I thought it was going to bother me so bad! But like you, I ended up really liking it!

details said...

Thanks for sharing so significative article with us. Wonder Know is a comprehensive website that provides all kinds of articles. Just come and have fun!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment! It means the world to me that you took the time to read my thoughts on design. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...